A history through pictures
This section aims to give the reader a flavour of the various forms of transport which were available in the “Village” before the invention of the motor vehicle.
Rhostyllen was a minor railway station (opened in 1901) on the Great Western Railway, located on the Rhos Branch line just off the Shrewsbury to Chester Line (1846).
It was also formerly served by the line of the Wrexham and District Electric Tramway Company, opened in 1903.
Trams were then replaced by various bus operators including the Owen’s Brothers (early 1920’s) and J. Phillips (1926).