1956 - Tabernacle Presbyterian Chapel (built in 1897)
1890’s? - Bryn Heulog - Where the Swan Car Park is now situated
1905 - Erddig Hall (photographed from the rear gardens) - built in 1716
1922 - Esclusham Holy Trinity Church (built in 1877)
Esless (Esclus) Hall from Bersham Meadows
Esclus Hall (built circa 17th century). This is locally know as Esless Hall and was home to the Trafford Family. There is also an Esclusham Hall close to Pentrebychan Crematorium (this was home to the Trevor Family). Esclus Hall is pictured below
Cadwgan Hall (built circa 16th century, home to the Jones family). Edward Jones became involved with the Babbington Plot and was hanged, drawn and quartered! There is a large burial mound close to the Hall and in1797 an archaeological dig found the skeleton of a large horse and four suits of armour complete with helmets and gorgets
1920’s - “Black Horse” (Middle Pub)
1922 - Old Vicarage
1910 - Pentrebychan Hall (built in 1824)
1823 - Plas Cadwgan Sketch
1876 - Plas Grono (built circa 16th century)
1940’s - Plas Power Hall (built circa 15th century)
1903 - Plas Power Park Lodge
Circa 1930’s - The Rhostyllen & Bersham branch of the British Legion (was situated where the goalposts are on the football pitch, Vicarage end)
1935 - The opening of the Rhostyllen & Bersham branch of the British Legion
1962 - The Tithe Barn (built in 1623). This building was situated close to the Parish Hall and was used to receive and store Rhostyllen’s tithe. It was demolished in 1963
1903 - Pentrebychan Dovecote
1877 - The Eagles Inn Conveyance document
1877 - The Eagles Inn Deeds
1877 - The Eagles Inn supporting location map
1877 - Deed Listing
1872 - The Eagles Inn (situated between Mount Street and Poplar Road - to the rear of where Nicola Badwick now lives) .Many thanks goes to Nigel Jones for locating exactly where this public house was situated! As trying to find its actual location was seriously “doing my head in”!
Llyn Tro - This house was situated on the left on the road to Pentrebychan Crematorium
Llyn Tro - At one time it was home to the Badwick family
Reference is made to this being a public house in a book by A N Palmer (A History of the Country Townships of the Old Parish of Wrexham) “The Black Horse (with 15 acres of land) appears to have been originally a part of the Esclus Hall estate, and to have been sold, after Sir Thomas Longueville’s death (in 1759), to the parish of Hope, so as to increase the income of the vicar”!
Esless, Esless Farm and Esless Cottages
Esless Mill Fire Insurance Plate (The Sun Insurance Company)
For more information on the paper mills of Esless and Bersham please click
The Manse, Church Street (Rev Mr & Mrs Levi)
This was located off Hill Street and Mount Street and was recently demolished.
Photograph kindly supplied by Paul Williams.
The original stables located in the ‘three cornered’ field (which is to be found between Bersham Cricket Club and where Llyn Tro Moat House was situated)
These dated back to the early 1900’s. Henry Hughes’ Grandfather used to keep the horses he used on his coal round in these stables. Photograph kindly supplied by Ian Pritchard.
These artefacts and fossilised remains were found in the stream behind the Old Stables